At the moment it seems like all we have is time. And when in lockdown, time passes slowly. Which gives us even more time to think about the things we really miss. Seeing the world.
Experiencing new cultures and new food. The feeling of warm sand between our toes. Salsa dancing for the first time. Seeing sunsets with the ones we love.
But hear the good news. There will be a time when all of this passes. When it’s time to get back to living and laughing and sun and tropical drinks and turquoise water.
And the minute that happens – we’ll be ready to remind people of what they’ve been missing and take them on a perfect Getaway.
Till then Getaway with us thru this virtual escape!
To make your virtual Getaway complete we have selected some of our guests’ favorites recipes of our tasty tropical libations aboard our Getaways.
Bacardí Rum Punch
- 25 ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca Rum
- 10 ml BACARDÍ Carta Negra Rum
- 5 ml grenadine
- 25 ml orange juice
- 25 ml pineapple juice
- 10 ml cranberry juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a large container, combine all liquid ingredients. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, pour into a large punch bowl, stirring in ice.
- Garnish the bowl with floating lemon slices. Serve with a single lemon wheel.
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 6 ounces sweetened cream of coconut (preferably Coco López)
- 2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 ounces coconut rum
- 4ounces white rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces dark rum (optional)
- Maraschino cherries and lime wedges (for serving)
- Place pineapple pieces in a resealable plastic bag, laying them flat. Freeze until solid, at least 3 hours.
- Shake cream of coconut and coconut milk in their cans before measuring. Purée pineapple, cream of coconut, coconut milk, white rum, lime juice, and 3 cups ice (about 15 oz.) in a blender until smooth. Transfer blender cup to freezer and freeze until mixture is thickened (it should be the consistency of a milkshake), 25–35 minutes.
- Blend again until mixture is the perfect slushy frozen drink consistency. Divide among glasses. Top off each with ½ oz. dark rum, if using, and garnish each with a cherry and lime wedge.
- Do Ahead: Pineapple can be chopped 3 months ahead. Keep frozen.